MotorSolve | SRM ModuleSwitched Reluctance Motor Design Software
MotorSolve SRM is the only motor design software you need to get an accurate and complete prediction of your machine's performance. Our powerful automated finite element analysis engine is embedded inside, therefore no model exporting or additional software is required.
MotorSolve SRM uses a template-based interface which makes creating new designs from scratch effortless - enter the number of rotor and stator poles and then specify information such as:
- Outer diameter, firing angles and other constraints
- Stack length
- Basic geometric dimensions of the coils and teeth
- Lamination and coil material
SRM is the MotorSolve module for switched reluctance machines.
MotorSolve SRM Workflow
MotorSolve SRM is the easy-to-use software for modeling, simulating and predicting the performance of switched reluctance (SRM) motors. The software has been tailored with a motor designer's needs in mind, making it easy to analyze and optimize any switched reluctance motor.
The rapid and accurate results are based on automated FEA simulations. There are several analysis methods included, which gives the user control the level of refinement (accuracy vs time).
Templates and Design Parameters
- Geometric dimensions of the rotor and stator
- Templates for both interior and exterior types
- Number of rotor and stator poles can be arbitrarily large
- Polyphase machines supported
- Vary firing angles for continuous conduction mode analysis over a wide range of speeds
- Select laminations and wire materials from extensive database
All standard slot types (square, round, slotless, parallel tooth, etc) are also included.
Custom rotor and stator geometries can be imported.
- Coil winding layout: Select from a list of automatically calculated balanced layouts or specify via manual entry
- Detailed end winding geometry
- Supports several wire sizing methods
- Relevant factors (winding factor, fill factor, etc) are automatically calculated
Charts, Fields and Motor Performance
- Flux Linkage
- Static torque
- Torque vs. Speed
- And many more
- Flux function
- Flux density
- Current density
- Surface force density
- Winding losses
- And many more
Powerful scripting capability for customization, batching and optimization: All MotorSolve commands can be accessed through APIs. Use this feature with any programming language or any ActiveX compliant application, (e.g. Microsoft Excel).
Report and Output
- Design parameters, performance data and summary comparisons can be recorded in an experimental log or report (PDF)
- Results are easily accessible either with the use of the clipboard or export functionality
- The summary feature compares two or more designs side-by-side and highlights the differences in design data
- OPAL-RT eDRIVEsim
- Data export (as table or chart)
SRM Analysis Types
MotorSolve SRM calculates machine performance based on automated finite element analysis simulations. There is no need to construct the model, perform mesh refinements and extensive post-processing to extract motor related results. MotorSolve performs these operations for the user.
Using the template interface, a desired waveform, quantity or field is selected with the operating conditions specified.
MotorSolve SRM includes two analysis methods, suitable for different phases of the design process. The waveforms, fields and charts are computed using one of the selected analysis method, allowing users to choose the computation time based on their required degree of accuracy.
- Ideal for obtaining machine characteristics: flux linkage, static torque and inductance profiles etc.
- Extremely rapid: based on either semi-analytic analysis or completely FEA solve
- Perform a full time-stepping non-linear FEA simulation
- Highly accurate for all types of operating conditions and ideal for final design verification